Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Pennsylvania Thanksmas

Since I would not be coming home for Christmas this year, my family and I decided to use my Thanksgiving trip to create a hybrid holiday were we decorated the tree while watching the Macy’s parade, exchanged presents over our turkey dinners, and made yet another attempt at creating the perfect gingerbread house (third time really is a charm!) over pumpkin pie. It’s quite amazing how stress-free and enjoyable the holiday season can be when you have already bought and distributed your gifts a month before Christmas Day! All things considered, the first ever Suponcic Thanksmas turned out to be a great holiday, although it could have only been better if my brother was able to get home for it and – as is always the case – I had just a little more time to spend with family and friends.

No comments: