Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Made for business class

I feel a little out of place in my Nikes and zip up fleece, but I nonetheless I can get used to the jet-setting business class lifestyle. Arrival at JFK was a breeze!! No line at the “business class only” counter and after initial skeptical scrutiny from the check in counter, received directions to the private lounge area and whisked my way through security. The uber exclusive Terrace Lounge was the place to be. Inside I was greeted with the most gracious hospitality…a closet to deposit your jacket and carry-on, tranquil fountains, refreshments (open bar!) FREE for the taking, and a wonderful view of the tarmac from padded lounge chairs --- I felt an instant calm despite the 3 hour wait ahead. Am keeping an eye out for any potential celebs, this is NY after all, but so far only suits, tight t-shirt wearing Euros, a tormented artist type with unwashed hair & cowboy boots, and a few rock-n-rollers in top to bottom black leather. This big adventure is off to a running start, and in just 9 hours I’ll be an official Expat living in Amsterdam!!! For now I’m off for some complimentary snacks and hob knobbing with my fellow business class passengers…

On board....
First on, first off….am greeted with a nice glass of champagne, a menu in which to order my dinner, and real cutlery & glasses to enjoy my food. I’m never going back to economy!

No comments: